Campus Ambassador positions for Exhibition, Data : Private, Public & Beyond
The Bachchao Project is looking for students who are interested in technology, passionate about art, and have a sense of community to serve as Campus Ambassadors at our exhibition, Data : Private, Public & Beyond.
As technology advances to a global scale and becomes ingrained in every aspect of our lives and environments, exhibition examines its consequences and assists visitors in exploring practical solutions to mitigate them. The exhibition is hosted with the support of Tactical Tech and Sida.
We are looking for five students from any discipline to serve as campus ambassadors for the exhibition, which will be held in Goa in May 2023. This is an excellent opportunity to promote internet literacy and data privacy. The students are expected to join us from mid-April to June 2023. (2.5 months). During this time, they will learn how to create editions of the exhibition and lead a workshop. As part of this opportunity, students are expected to host at least one event in their colleges before June.
Who can apply? :
– Students of any stream and university.
– Students of Diploma, Undergraduate, and Post Graduate courses.
(Students from colleges around Goa and nearby states Karnataka & Maharashtra are encouraged to apply.)
How to apply: Interested students should share their CV and letter of interest on email@example.com
What will you receive: A total of 15,000/- and a travel allowance will be awarded on a case-by-case basis.
Deadline to Apply : 5th Feb 2023
[Closed] Graphics Designer Position (Short Term)
This is a paid, remote, part time position for three months.
1. Working with the team to design around a Needs Assessment report on online LQBTQIA+ experiences.
2. Designing brochures and similar materials to disseminate information about the report
3. Creating templates for social media dissemination of the report
4. Applicant must be prompt with timelines and delivery of the design
Skills and Experience:
1. Understanding of Intersectional design
2. Experience around Graphic Design for technology based topics
Pay : 40,000 INR per month
Period : Jan – March 2023
The Bachchao Project will be prioritizing queer persons for this position.
To apply, send a letter of interest and portfolio link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for application : 14th Jan 2023
[Closed] Community Co-ordinator Position (2022-23)
Help TBP in communication with communities that we partner with or train. This will include the following work
- Set up meetings with community members and support smooth communication between TBP and community members
- Document necessary conversation with community members
- Hold follow up conversations on programmes and trainings
- Support needs assessment determination for programs
- Check in with communities for the need of support and help set up appropriate sytems of support.
- Assimilate and Send Follow up material for community members after a program
- Train partners on communication tools if necessary
- Support events hosted by TBP for logistics with community members.
- Write blog posts and social media posts about the activities with communities
Skills and Experience:
- Strong communication Skills
- Knowledge of multiple regional languages commonly spoken in India is preferred
- Good Work Ethic ( Ability to setup and follow up on timelines, communicate boundaries and motivation to follow up on work set aside )
- This job requires a good understanding of how communities work. Prior Experience of Working with communities is necessary
- Experience of working with either technology or gender rights is preferred and willingness to learn about topics they lack in experience.
- People with a compassionate approach preferred
- Formal higher education not a requirement but relevant education is a plus.
Pay Range: 25,000-40,000 per month.Interested candidates can apply by sending a CV and a letter of interest to email@example.com
Deadline : Oct 25th 2022
Extended Deadline : Nov 5th 2022