The Bachchao Project invites volunteers for The Glass Room exhibition scheduled to be held in Bengaluru from November 22 to 24, 2019 at UB City. The Glass Room is a global pop-up exhibition that is generating a conversation about data and privacy. This will be the first-ever edition of the exhibition to be held in India.
Tasks for volunteers
- Interact with visitors
- Talk about the exhibits assigned to them, and answer questions that visitors may have
- Distribute handouts to visitors who are interested
- Collect feedback from visitors
Who can volunteer?
- Speak English.
- Live in Bengaluru.
- Are available for at least four hours at a stretch during the three-day exhibition.
- Are available to attend a briefing session on the evening of November 21.
- Have at least a basic knowledge and understanding of common Internet technology and its interplay with privacy (preferable).
All volunteers will receive a daily allowance for covering expenses towards meals and conveyance to and from the exhibition venue.
How do I sign up?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with this information:
- Your name
- Dates when you’re available to volunteer
- Approximate number of hours you wish to dedicate
- Why are you interested in volunteering for this event?
- Do you have previous experience of working on the topic of digital privacy and security, in a professional or volunteer capacity?
(For media inquiries, contact Rohini Lakshané: email@example.com)
More about The Glass Room
The Glass Room is a public intervention that provides an interactive, fun, and challenging experience, bringing to life the most pressing challenges facing people and the tech industry today. As technology reaches a global scale and becomes embedded in every part of our lives and our environments, The Glass Room examines its impacts and helps visitors explore practical solutions to mitigate them. The consequences of a “move fast and break things” industry are catching up with us and now we must examine what has been lost and gained along the way. (Text from: https://theglassroom.org/about-us)
The Glass Room is curated by Tactical Tech, an international NGO based in Berlin.
About The Bachchao Project
The Bachchao Project is a techno-feminist collective that undertakes community-centric efforts to develop and support open source technologies and technical frameworks with the goals of mitigating gender-based violence and working towards equal rights for women, LGBTQIA people, and gender non-conforming groups. We conduct research and advocacy in all the above areas and guide communities in determining appropriate technological interventions for themselves. http://thebachchaoproject.org
UB City mall, Vittal Mallya Road, Ashok Nagar, Bengaluru 560001. The exhibition is a part of the art gallery event Art Bengaluru 2019.